At Post 16, Co-op Academy Priesthorpe delivers an ambitious and relevant curriculum, which equips students with the skills, knowledge and understanding to secure exceptional outcomes and make a success of their lives within their own communities and beyond. The curriculum is regularly evaluated and adapted to ensure it is coherent, high quality and provides inclusive opportunities for all with the thread of co-operative values and principles running through it. Key features are:
· A variety of appropriate pathway offers, which caters for all learners through a combination of traditional Advanced level courses and Applied General courses
· A varied and engaging range of personal development opportunities ensuring all learners have access to a wide, rich set of experiences that promote positive contributions to society. Examples include volunteering within the local community, supporting in lessons and mentoring students in Key Stage 3.
· Supervised study periods with small groups and one to one support offered around a number of study skills including organisation, time management and managing deadlines.
· A coaching-based approach to delivering key aspects of SMSC education, which is further supported by Learning for Life events.
· A quality programme of Maths and English support for those students who have not yet achieved a Grade 4 in either subject.
· A work experience programme, ensuring 100% of students get access to a placement or relevant work related learning.
Courses on Offer:
We offer a wide range of courses to meet the needs of individual students, many of whom go on to top universities and higher level apprenticeships.
Subjects offered include:
· A Level Applied Science
· A Level Art
· A Level Biology
· A Level Business
· A Level Chemistry
· A Level Computing
· A Level Criminology
· A Level English Literature
· A Level French
· A Level Geography
· A Level History
· A Level Maths
· A Level Philosophy & Ethics
· A Level Physical Education
· A Level Physics
· A Level Product Design
· A Level Psychology
· A Level Sociology
· RSL Level 3 Music Tnology
· BTEC Level 3 Business
· BTEC Level 3 Health &Social Care
· BTEC Level 3 Sport
· OCR ICT
· Mathematical Studies
· Re-sit GCSE Maths
· Re-sit GCSE English
Post 16 students are also offered a wide range of curriculum enrichment activities to ensure they are well prepared for university and the world of work. These include:
· Support in lessons
· Work experience
· University visits
· Supporting school events
· Scholars Programme
· Sign Language Course
· LEAP Business Enterprise
· Outreach Opportunities
Enrichment is a compulsory part of our Post-16 Programme of Study. It is all about enriching your Post-16 experience. The benefits are vast, and the experience is vital to your future. Taking part in enrichment gives you the additional experiences needed to build key skills and qualities that will make you stand out from the crowd in an increasingly competitive university and job market. Post-16 isn’t solely about the results you leave with at the end, whilst these are of course VERY important, universities and employers want to see the person behind those grades. Enrichment provides you with experiences that challenge you, and push you to achieve your personal potential. The more enrichment activities you take part in, the more skills you will develop.
How it works at Priesthorpe:
You will have the opportunity to take part in a number of short-term and long-term enrichment activities. The short-term activities might take place on one day or across a number of afternoons, whereas the long-term activities will likely take place over a sustained period of time.
Examples of short term activities: First Aid, Sign Language,Makaton, Cooking Skills, Supporting at House Competitions, Year 6 Transition
Examples of long term activities: English Reading Intervention, Mentoring (Y7&8), LEAP Business Enterprise, Student Leadership
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs Brennan, Post 16 Manager at email@example.com
Contact our team at – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Post 16 | Miss Brigham
- Post 16 Manager | Mrs Brennan